No products in the basket.
Caring for your mattress is to ensure support. …
- Use a mattress protector a liquid resistant mattress protector if possible
- Clean your mattress regularly. …
- Rotate to even out wear over time. …
- Take care when moving your mattress. …
- Understand the mattress warranty please read our terms and conditions
How to Clean your Mattress Start the process by stripping the mattress of all sheets and bedding next, vacuum the entire mattress surface with the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner. The best time to do this is when you rotate or turn your mattress. Once you’re finished vacuuming, check for stains and spot treat them with an appropriate cleaner.
Treat any spill or simple stains with soap or diluted dish detergent and water sparingly try not to saturate the fabric as this may cause mould growth. Make sure your mattress is dry before recovering use a hair dryer on a low heat or leave it in the sun.
We all have young children in our family and accidents do happen to remove a urine stain from the mattress we recommend the following :
You will need:
- Empty spray bottle.
- 8oz Hydrogen peroxide this can be bought at a chemist or super drug
- 3 tbsp of Baking Soda.
- A droop of Liquid dishwashing soap.
- Drop of Lavender Essential Oil (optional) Benefit of the Lavender oil it is said to induce sleep.Spray it all over your mattress to get it saturated especial on the urine stainsThe end results is amazingFor blood or small urine stains, first try applying a small amount of hydrogen peroxideMattress : – if you have a memory top you need time to break it in this usually takes 2-4 weeks . At 4 weeks is when you should start to rotate your mattress then every month for the first 3 months then ever 3 months. WHY :- This provides even wear to each side of the mattress and adjust the sleeping surface evenly to help prolong the life of the mattress .You or your children should avoid standing on your bed and should not be using it as a trampoline as your mattress may start to sag.We recommend you make some time to read up on your mattress warranty rights
- Take care when moving your mattress. When you move your mattress to a new room, or a new house, be sure to measure the exit and entryways to ensure that your mattress can fit through without bending. As bending the mattress can cause damage and make the warranty void. When possible, work with professional movers if not please read make sure you have read and understood your warranty agreement.
- Know what type of mattress you have as some mattress need turning over
- to the affected area. For particularly stubborn stains, try applying baking soda after detergent.
- Leave mattress to dry in the sun light if not possible leave mattress to dry naturally as long as possible and finish of drying with a hair dryer on a low heat. After the mattress has dried vacuum the mattress to get rid of any gritty baking soda residue
- Within a few minutes you will see the urine stain start to disappear.
- Mix the solution in the bottle by carefully gently swirl it around to avoid making too many bubbles. Make sure you use the mixture right away for the best results If there is any left please throw it away as it will not be effective.
- Fill the empty spray bottle with Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and liquid dishwashing soap you can add in a drop of Lavender oil to help neutralize the smell.